If there are any questions please contact GEF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Discuss plans with a GPSD faculty member, GPSD Administrator and a GEF Board Member.
2. Complete the written application form providing all requested information. While supplementary material may be submitted, the provided application must be competed, filling all blanks. Please note that GEF will not typically fund items that it considers school/office supplies.
3. Have the application signed by the Superintendent or Superintendent Designee. Both the applicant and the administration should retain a copy for their records.
4. Submit the completed application, preferably electronically to email@example.com or, if necessary, to Gloucester Education Foundation, PO Box 1104, Gloucester, MA 01931.
5. The deadline for all grants is the first of the month in which the grant is to be considered for funding. The GEF Programs Committee and Board generally meet on the second or third Monday of each month, at which time proposals received by the deadline will be reviewed and voted upon.
Applications that are received after the first of the month will be taken up by the Programs Committee during the following month.
An applicant can apply for special consideration for immediate action for the following reasons:
- It is a matching grant and supportive of accessing funding from another source that has its own timeline.
- Special request of the superintendent or a board member.
6. GEF will contact applicants during the review process if further information is needed. In some cases an applicant may be asked to make a short presentation to the GEF Programs Committee.
Upon reviewing a request for funding, the Programs Committee and/or GEF Board may request additional information before making a decision. Applicants should take this into consideration and plan their submissions so that the funding decision can be made in a timely manner with regards to the start of the proposed program. Applicants should also make every effort to submit their proposals with complete information and with the required signatures.With adequate information in hand the GEF Programs Committee will evaluate the application and provide a recommendation for or against approval to the full GEF Board of Directors.
7. The Board of Directors will vote on the recommendation and its decision will be communicated to the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, School Principal(s) and teacher(s) within 5 working days of the Board meeting.
8. If funded, GEF’s treasurer will submit payment to the GPSD. The applicant will access those funds through the district’s specified procurement procedures.
9. A written report must be submitted at the end of each year of the grant.