1. Grant applications are encouraged for programs/projects that promote:
- Community collaboration
- Increased student achievement
- Involvement of a significant number of students and/or deep impact for a smaller number of students
- Goals and on-going priorities of the Gloucester Public School District (GPSD)
2. GEF grants are not intended to replace or relieve existing responsibility for public funding of GPSD system, nor are they intended to substitute for normal budget growth and maintenance.
NOTE: Grants that include funding for services provided by organizations outside of the District will be subject to GEF’s guidelines governing partnerships with other organizations. These are available from GEF by calling 978 282 5550 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Any combination of parents, students, faculty, administration, and community groups may collaborate on an application for funding from GEF. However, at least one representative from the faculty must be involved in every proposal, and the Superintendent or his designee’s signature is required.
4. Grant recipients are required to complete a grant report in a format to be provided within 30 days of the project’s completion. The report should include information that will aid GEF’s fundraising activities – especially photographs, comments from students, parents and teachers. Future applications from recipients who have not met this requirement will not be considered until a final report is submitted on the most recently funded project.
5. Grant recipients are asked to publicize their projects to parents, teachers and the community through the schools’ newsletters, local newspapers, and other media. GEF must be properly credited on all promotional material and media notices relating to the grant program. Please include the following: “This project is made possible (in whole or in part) by a grant from the Gloucester Education Foundation”. Wherever possible, GEF’s logo (available from GEF) should be included on program handouts, guides and other materials. A copy of all such materials should be sent to GEF with the post-project report.
7. Submission deadlines (see below) must be respected.